Winter 2006 The Uyghurs; Xinjian Province China

,

"Cause me to know the Way I should walk - teach me to do thy will, thy Spirit is good - Show me thy ways - Teach me thy paths - Lead me in thy Truth." Ps 134:8,10; Ps 25.4,5.

The "Man of the East" in Isaiah 41 is the persecuted church in Central Asia: "Who has roused up one from the east, whom He calls in righteousness to His service and whom victory meets at very step? He [the Lord] subdues nations before him and makes him ruler over kings. He turns them to dust with the sword, and to driven straw and chaff with his bow. He pursues them and passes safely and unhindered, even by a way his feet had not trod and so swiftly that his feet do not touch the ground. Who has prepared and done this, calling forth and guiding the destinies of the generations [of the nations] from the beginning? I, the Lord--the first [existing before history began] and with the last [an ever-present, unchanging God]--I am He."



Can we love God, be anyway thankful for the work, sacrifice of his Son? Can we in the smallest way attempt the execution of his will? Can we love the unlovely, help the destitute, walk a mile in the shoes of an alchoholic? Can we be with the lonely, hold the hand of a widow in her hour of sorrow? Can we love the one who betrays us not once but seventy times seven? Can we hate this world - all it's beauty, fashion and riches? Can we fervantly hate sin, iniquity, and our own life unto death? I THINK NOT. WE CANNOT. Christ can and does. Let Him take your hand and lead you the Way you would not...

We are broken by Him like bread and broken bread feeds. When He breaks us He distributes life and substance to the Body of Christ making it possible for others to commune with Christ in us. We are not broken for ourselves but others. "This is my body - broken for you"

Bookmark and Share