I recently read this article by Tozer on prayer. Very inspiring. "Men may, and often do, pray without faith (though this is not true prayer), but it is not thinkable that men should have faith and not pray. The biblical formula is The prayer of faith. Prayer and faith are here bound together by the little preposition of, and what God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Faith is only genuine as it eventuates into prayer. When Tennyson wrote More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of, he probably uttered a truth of vaster significance than even he understood. While it is not always possible to trace an act of God to its prayer-cause, it is yet safe to say that prayer is back of everything that God does for the sons of men here upon earth. One would gather as much from a simple reading of the Scriptures. What profit is there in prayer? Much every way. Whatever God can do faith can do, and whatever faith can do prayer can do when it is offered in faith. An invitation to prayer is, therefore, an invitation to omnipotence, for prayer engages the Omnipotent God and brings Him into our human affairs. Nothing is impossible to the man who prays in faith, just as nothing is impossible with God. This generation has yet to prove all that prayer can do for believing men and women."
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Mark 7:7-8
Thought Why would God invite, even command us to pray if He were not going to answer? He is ready to answer. It is for us to pray in faith according to His revealed will, persevere in prayer and leave the means and the timing to Him.
Amos 8:1 Thus the Lord God showed to me, and behold, a basket of [ripe and therefore soon to perish] summer fruit. - Amplified
The days of Amos the prophet are not to different then the days we are living in today. The Lord has a harvest of summer fruit for Greater Grace all over the world and here in our region of Philadelphia. Like any summer fruit - it expires quickly and that requires urgency in our ministry.
We have been quite busy here at GGC Philly with new disciples, decisions for Christ, and an exciting vision on the Fall horizon.
We now find ourselves in the middle of August with plans for another Love Philly weekend with a community cookout and concert on Labor Day weekend where we will be inviting the whole community. We not long ago celebrated our first year together in our new configuration with p. Tony & p. Dwight working together to reach Philly. It has been now been 6 months since we took on the precious Body in Hatboro.
We now plan to open our Fall semester of Bible College in a couple weeks. We will be offering classes based on our MBC&S Pathfinder's Course load with a video class from Baltimore.
You may already know but at present I am pastoring two churches of about 30 people each with the awesome help of p. Dwight & p. Tony; one in downtown Philadelphia & the other 25 minutes north in Hatboro on the edge of Philadelphia. This past year we have seen new folks come into the assembly and deep growth in people's lives. We have also seen a real spiritual battle for people's lives and their decisions yet there have been greater victories in people's lives and families.
P. Jim & Peg Hoppe have retired back in February and are enjoying the fruit of their 25 years of labor in Hatboro and 57 years of marriage. They have been true friends in the ministry supporting Dr. Stevens and are solidly behind p. Schaller and the Body in Baltimore. Let's continue to pray for them as they struggle at times financially.
We covet your prayers (and visits!) > For growth and depth in the lives of those Body members in the Philly area > For God's choice of renters of our home in Baltimore so that we may move to Philly in September > For the Pallotta family already living & working in the Philly region. > For a university church on the West Side of Philly in University City in the fall. > For a building we may rent full-time in Center-City. > The Bible school classes we begin in September & for God to call specific students > For our Saturday outreach team that comes up at times staying over for Sunday > For the messages, the visits and outreach - for God to bring the increase.
We so appreciate your prayers and support in this labor of love in a very historic and important part of our country.
Please visit us at our website: ggcphila.org
May God bless you richly Pastor Christian & Gosia Moore
Holy men of soberer and quieter times than ours knew well the power of silence. David said, I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred. My heart was hot within me; while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue. There is a tip here for God's modern prophets. The heart seldom gets hot while the mouth is open. A closed mouth before God and a silent heart are indispensable for the reception of certain kinds of truth. No man is qualified to speak who has not first listened. It might well be a wonderful revelation to some Christians if they were to get completely quiet for a short time, long enough, let us say, to get acquainted with their own souls, and to listen in the silence for the deep voice of the Eternal God. The experience, if repeated often enough, would do more to cure our ulcers than all the pills that ever rolled across a desk. - A.W Tozer
“To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” ― C.S. Lewis
Hebrews 10:2 "...because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins."
Proverbs 19:11 "The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression."
• Prayer is hindered when stubborn un-forgiveness reigns. Though we approach this subject of forgiveness today; it takes a lifetime to implement, daily applying the healing balm of Gilead.
• Forgiving is the breath we inhale - prayer is the breath we exhale. Anything less is spiritual suffocation. Much has been written about the affect that unforgiveness has on the human body, the human psyche, and the quality of life. Forgiveness is vital to our life energy, it is not optional. We must forgive & we are most like God when we do.
• Most Christian psychologists agree that forgiveness begins when the victim that has been unjustly hurt or violated, willingly releases the painful debt owed by the offender for the purpose of healing for both parties. The human conscience fashioned after the likeness of God requires payment for offence. The offense cannot be brushed aside or ignored. The way the conscience is built is that it will quietly seek out resolution and justice until it is satisfied. Then it will rest.
• Three unresolved things that must be addressed in a believer's life and healed by the cleansing catharsis of forgiveness for him to advance down the road of communion with The Master in prayer: 1. Forgiving ourselves. 2. Forgiving others. 3. Forgiving God.
Forgiveness comes full circle when the offended out of compassion for the perpetrator prays for them and for their blessing
Proofs of Forgiveness: • We are most like God when we forgive. As we see with Joseph and his brothers:
1. Don't tell anyone what they did - (2 Sam 1.20- Publish it not in Gath) 2. Don't destroy their reputation due to the fact you don't want people to think well of them - Malice - Eph 4.31 3. Don't make/allow them to be afraid of you - "Fear not, it is I" - Gen 50.19 4. Doesn't matter if they feel sorry or not - don't let them or make them feel guilty Gen 45.5 5. Let them save face - cover it. Don't let them know you're hurt - 45.11 6. Protect them from their darkest secret. Gen 45.15,16 7. Total forgiveness is a life sentence - something you do for the rest of your life - Gen 50.19-36
• In the end, what finally destroys every relationship is an inability to forgive. It isn’t the offense that destroys the relationship, it is the inability to forgive that destroys the relationship.
• the inability to forgive not only destroys relationship, it destroys the people who don’t forgive.
• We live in a society that has made a virtue...or tried to make a virtue out of vindictiveness
• To live in unforgiveness imprisons a person to their past
• We must forgive. There is no choice. Do it for Christ's sake. Do it for your sake
“Only the brave know how to forgive. It is the most refined and generous element of human virtue. Cowards have done good deeds and performed kind acts. Cowards have even fought and conquered. But cowards never forgive. It’s not in their nature, their hearts. The power to forgive flows only from a strength and a greatness of soul, conscious of its own humility and security and able to rise above all the little temptations of resenting every fruitless attempt to steal its happiness,” - Lawrence Stern.
Now faith is the title deed of things hoped for, the proof of things which are not being seen. 2 For by means of this [namely, faith] the elders had witness borne to them. - Hebrews 11.1
Some people never experience what God's plan has in store for them because they do not take steps of obedience in the proposition of God's call in their life to walk by faith. Instead of stepping out by faith to walk on the water in their lives in victory out to meet Jesus they procrastinate - rationalizing by what they see and what they feel until they have talked themselves out of a wonderful blessing waiting for them just around the corner. Out of a nation of 2 million people - 2 men were thinking with God about His will. By Faith Caleb & Joshua obtained a good report about the land they were commanded to posses and they challenged and inspired the whole nation of Israel to move forward.Those that walk by faith will always be in the minority thus leading their nation. If we hear the call from God to forgive, or to take a stand for truth in a circle of our peers or simply to give grace, than we default into living, thinking & functioning naturally wondering why there is no supernatural victorious characteristic in our lives as Christians. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Without faith our lives & our Christianity becomes no different than the pagan religions of control, ritual and monotony. Discover God's purposes and dreams for you, take steps forward in obedience, and enjoy the adventure!
"Factory Forever Unlock" - (Factory unlock is not a software unlock but a factory unlock is forever even if you upgrade your iOS software) > iPhone 4 & 4s GSM (AT&T iPhones only) - Factory - 150$ (not Sprint or Verizon iPhones) > iPhone 3gs GSM (AT&T iPhones only) - 70$
Battery Change (we will replace the built in used battery with a new battery) > iPhone 4 - battery change - 95$ > iPhone 4s - battery change - 125$
Call or text: 410.575.3838 Email: hit the "CONTACT" link at the top menu of this blog