Total Surrender - Total Victory

,




(This is a chapter from a book on Prayer which will be ready Lord willing by December)

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him" - Job 13.15

Matthew 26:42
"O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done."

There is no negotiating with God. The terms are set - surrender to God's Love, God's Truth, God's Sovereignty, surrender to that Old Rugged Cross rejected and scorned by this world. In our surrender we must surrender our will, emotional feelings, our own religious standards of justice, our human thought process, and our perception of who we are. Anything less is to forfeit the Glory of knowing Him and the Wisdom that is hid from the wise and the prudent of this world. Surrender as a little child and you will be a partaker of the Secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven in prayer.

We must surrender absolutely to The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, and that is not executed by sheer will power nor human determination. It is as it was with Christ who "through the Eternal Spirit, offered Himself up", Hebrews 9.14. It is that Spirit that works in us "to will and to do" of His good pleasure. Surrender is unconditional and without compromise, yet that can only be accomplished by yielding to that Spirit of the Father that led His Son to Calvary - that Spirit of obedience, 2 Peter 1.2. That Spirit that leads us to surrender is that same "Another" that bore up Peter and carried him where he would not go", John 21.18

When that surrender happens we hear His voice calling us into prayer, into ministry, & into victory. When we surrender with no excuses, alibi's or secret preservations we discover a deep sense of contentment, peace and all our inner battles end abruptly. For human flesh must yield to the Almighty, Habakkuk 2.20

Hudson Taylor once said that secret discontentment can be traced to the the lack of surrender. There is no more turmoil of battle inside our created human soul as we have bowed before the Creator in full submission. Oh! To the mortal man who wars with his secret sins and hidden pride to no avail. The Cross does not empower your flesh to war the good fight of faith, the Cross decimates all your fleshly ability to be Godlike. The Cross crushes your enemy and shouts to us "Surrender and be free!", John 8.36

Surrender leads to prayer, prayer leads to more surrender. Surrender ushers in an anointing in your life, a power that cannot be contended with by the devil, the unsurrendered one. All the prayers we could ever pray would not lead us to that answer we seek deep inside - only surrender to the Omniscient, to the Omnipotent Father who waits to unveil the riches of His Salvation and His Plan to the surrendered saint. When we bow before Him in prayer, surrender all without reservation, without shame. He then will reveal all, He waits to be gracious...

All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

Refrain:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
- Judson W. Van DeVenter